Mom of teen detained in front of Arleta school announces legal action against feds
Source: NBC Los Angeles
Mom of teen detained in front of Arleta school announces legal action against feds
By Lolita Lopez and Karla Rendon Published August 26, 2025 Updated on August 26, 2025 at 5:32 pm
A woman whose teenage son was detained by federal agents at gunpoint in a case of mistaken identity earlier this month is taking legal action against the federal government, she announced on Tuesday.
Andreina Mejia was joined by her attorneys in a press conference to announce a legal claim against the U.S. Department of Homeland Security; it states her 15-year-old sons civil rights were violated. Mejias son, who was identified by his initials BG, has special needs.
No kids should go through what my son has gone through, especially since he says he has nightmares, the mother said.
The boy was detained by armed agents on Aug. 11 in front of Arleta High School. BG and his mother were in a parked car outside the school while Mejias daughter was enrolling. Suddenly, a group of masked men approached the vehicle and targeted the teenager.
-snip-
Read more: https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/legal-claim-arleta-teen-detained/3770321/