Death toll in Hong Kong high-rise fire hits 75 as 3 people are arrested
Police in Hong Kong have arrested three men from a construction company on suspicion of manslaughter in connection with a blaze that has killed at least 75 people and left another more than 250 others missing in the city's deadliest fire in years.
City officials who provided the death toll said earlier that at least 62 others were injured, many suffering from burns and smoke inhalation. The fire that started Wednesday afternoon spread across seven of the complex's eight buildings, though the blazes on four of the towers were under control by morning, the city's fire services said.
Fire Services Department Director Andy Yeung said a firefighter was among the dead. In a press release, Yeung said the 37-year-old had been a firefighter for nine years. "All of our colleagues are deeply saddened by the loss of such a devoted comrade," he added.
It was not immediately known how the fire started, but officials said the flames started on the external scaffolding on one of the buildings, a 32-story tower, and later spread inside the building and then to nearby buildings, likely aided by windy conditions.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/articles/least-4-dead-blaze-hong-104500129.html